Present your new work at the most significant architectural happenings and events that form the core of the 2020 European Architecture Program.
Future Architecture is more than a competition. Future Architecture is changing the very foundation of architecture in Europe and beyond. Exploring boundaries. Breaking down the walls. Building new systems. Forming new coalitions. Providing talented conceptual thinkers and practitioners with opportunities to speak up – and be seen and heard.
The Future Architecture platform members, invite you to present your new work at the most significant architectural events and gatherings that form the core of the 2020 European Architecture Program.
Let the Future Architecture platform help you elevate and sharpen your practice. Start exchanging your ideas and projects with peers from all over the world as well as high-profile institutions – museums, galleries, publishing houses, biennials and festivals – to find avenues toward international recognition.
The call is open to emerging architects, landscape architects, urban planners, designers, engineers, artists, curators, people involved in architectural communication and anyone whose professional work is focused on the future of architecture and living environments.
Future Architecture is inviting multidisciplinary emerging professionals from all over the globe to apply with transformative projects related to our living environments. Send your completed projects, your theoretical or conceptual propositions for spatial, social or cultural innovation, and join the discussion about the future of architecture.
Future Architecture welcomes projects that address:
● Systemic changes (prototypes and systems)
● Site-specific cases (projects customized for certain contexts and tasks; cannot be replicated)
● Next alliances (cross-, trans- and multi-disciplinary projects, exploring new design processes and methodology)
● New written narratives (Writing Grant for writers exploring the worlds, landscapes and realities faced by emerging practices shaping future urban environments)
Future Architecture’s board of members will invite selected applicants to present their projects at the Creative Exchange in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and to engage in possible activities within the European Architecture program. The platform will cover travel (from within the EU) and accommodation costs for selected participants.
Platform members will cover travel (from within the EU) and accommodation costs, and will provide an honorarium to the participants that they invite to contribute to their events.
All applications will be published on the website of the Future Architecture platform. The applications will be judged by the Future Architecture board of members, the Future Architecture alumni, and members of the public through online voting.
Timetable and Deadlines
● Publication of the Call for Ideas: 18 November 2019
● Deadline for submitting applications: 6 January 2020
● Matchmaking Conference: 12–13 February 2020
● European Architecture Program: 17 February – 31 October 2020
The call is open to emerging architects, landscape architects, urban planners, designers, engineers, artists, curators, people involved in architectural communication and anyone whose professional work is focused on the future of architecture and living environments. To be eligible as an emerging creative for the Future Architecture Platform, applicants must meet the following criteria:
● The applicant’s independent work(s) related to architecture or city development were created after graduation and within the last two years;
● The applicant has publicly presented or published their independent work(s);
● The applicant has not yet attained recognition by having a body of critically recognized work at major and established institutions or publishers;
● The applicant has not participated in previous Future Architecture Platform activities;
● The applicant may be an individual or a collective.
The open call starts at 12.00 pm CET on 18 November 2019, and all entries must be received by 16.00 pm CET on 6 January 2020. Multiple entries are permitted as an individual or as a collective.